Pasta with Sausage in a Tomato Mint Olive Oil Marinade
(topped with grilled feta)
This is a delicious, filling pasta dish that works well for a large gathering or as left overs just for your little self.
Grilling the feta cheese brings out a deep flavor. And the longer you can let the olive oil marinade sit, the better.
This marinade is also good on pizza, scrambled eggs or toasted bread.
- Pasta (like a penne to hold up against the sausage)
- Italian sausage (mix ground Italian sweet with Italian hot)
- Feta cheese (buy in a block in water)
- Olive oil
- Tomatoes (cherry) – halved (remove seeds)
- Mint (fresh) chopped
- Garlic (minced)
- Thyme (dried)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Mix ingredients in a bowl (keep at room temperature) until ready to use:
Cook the sausage & drain the fat.
Cook the pasta & drain (keep some of the pasta water to add to the dish if pasta is sticking together & needs a little moisture)
- Throw the drained pasta in a big bowl
- Add the cooked Italian sausage
- Mix in the marinade
- Cut the feta in slices, brush with olive oil, sprinkle dry (thyme) herbs on top
- Broil (about 2 minutes) – don’t let it burn
- Dish pasta into individual bowls
- Throw a slice of grilled feta cheese on top of each serving
- Salt & pepper to taste & enjoy!